A properly administered placement process places students into the courses in which they belong based on their demonstrated skills. Proper placement can save institutions and students significant money and can be the key element in student success! Many schools currently place students using standardized test scores, home-grown written or online exams, or other placement products.
However no two students have the same learning path. ALEKS PPL is a comprehensive approach to accurately assess and prepare students for success in math courses. With an adaptive, open-response assessment, ALEKS PPL accurately places college & university students into courses ranging from basic math through first-semester calculus. The program then prepares students for their math courses through individualized, adaptive learning in the Prep and Learning Module. Students can then retake the assessment in order to place into a higher level course.
What You’ll Work on Next:
- Complete a survey, followed by a brief tutorial on how to use ALEKS input tools.
- Take your placement assessment.
- Begin a Prep and Learning Module to review and learn material (you have 6 months of access included in your subscription).
- Retake the placement assessment, if needed.
- Learn the topics in your Prep and Learning Module until your access expires.