Facebook has more than 800 million Friends. Over 100 million active users are logged onto Twitter. LinkedIn has attracted more than 150 million professionals in over 200 countries and territories to connect. What does it all mean? Thus far, businesses and individuals have measured their success and popularity based on the number of followers and fans, likes and retweets; but no true measure existed to see how engaged and influential a brand or individual really was, until now.
Return on Influence, by renowned marketing consultant and college educator Mark W. Schaefer, is the first book to explore how brands are identifying and leveraging the world’s most powerful bloggers, tweeters, and YouTube celebrities to build product awareness, brand buzz, and new sales.
In this revolutionary book, Schaefer shows readers how to use the latest breakthroughs in social networking and influence marketing to achieve their goals through:
- In-depth explanations of the sources of online influence—and how they can work for or against users
- Interviews with more than 50 experts, including tech blogger Robert Scoble, Influence author Robert Cialdini, and industry thought leaders such as Mitch Joel, Jay Baer, and Christopher S. Penn
- An insider’s look at the controversial social scoring company Klout and its process for assigning influence numbers to everyone
- Practical, actionable tips to increase readers personal power and online influence
- More than a dozen original social influence marketing case studies
Even if readers already use social media platforms to maintain an online presence, this eye-opening, action-ready guide shows them how to reach the “superconnectors” who ignite epidemics through word-of-mouth influence. Return on Influence shows readers how to win friends and influence people in the digital age.
Click here for a video of author Mark Schaefer discussing the power of social scoring and influence marketing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWPxcE4wgs
About the Author:
Mark Schaefer (Knoxville, TN) is the director of Schaefer Marketing Solutions, and has 28 years of global sales and marketing experience and advanced degrees in business and applied behavioral sciences. He is an award-winning business writer, university lecturer, and innovator, receiving seven international patents for new product ideas with Fortune 100 companies. He also serves as an adjunct professor of marketing at Rutgers University.
For publicity or to arrange author interviews, please contact Doug Blair at 905-430-5134 or by email at email@example.com